[PD] [packOSC] reentrancy problem

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Nov 19 10:00:41 CET 2015

On 2015-11-19 09:49, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> i had a quick glance at the code (didn't even try it out),

now that i did try it out, it seems that something is going wrong, since
when i do deeper recursion, i either get weirdo printout or segfaults
(which makes me think of memory corruption).

weirdo printout:
> packOSC: According to the type tag (�) I expected more arguments.
> error: packOSC: Problem writing address.
> packOSC: According to the type tag I expected an argument of a
different type.
> * Expected i, string now ���
>
> error: packOSC: usage error, packOSC_writemessage failed.

looking at the code i expected something along the lines: "reentry count
2 exceeds limit" instead...

dfmasd
IOhannes