[PD] oscillators (osc~ / cycle~) not working well in FM?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 12:37:53 CET 2015

On Wed, 2015-11-25 at 08:27 -0200, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> If dirtiness and imperfect is your secret spice in building beautiful
> and lively patches, you can still make it so, and there are several
> ways to do this... but preventing an oscillator from being accurate
> and in a completely arbitrary way at the expense of preventing a
> simple and common/regular FM patch to be built seems a bit too
> nonsensical IMO...

I fully support your opinion in this debate. If I'd be in charge, I'd
fix it right away.

This thread lead to an idea. I'm thinking of  a Pdesafinado - a slightly
out of tune Pd, that has all constants slightly wrong and some less
significant bits flipped in the floating point format and other little
imprecisions and deviations. It'll make totally new pieces out of all
your existing patches.

I'd try it out for sure, if someone comes up with this ;-)

Roman