[PD] 64 bit audio?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sat Nov 28 11:36:34 CET 2015

Precision matters a lot when using indexes, e.g. for reading large audiofiles (which can have a couple of million samples).
This has been discussed a lot already in the past (also see katjaas page http://www.katjaas.nl/doubleprecision/doubleprecision.html). Miller introduced a right inlet for [tabread~] and [tabread4~] a while ago, which fixes a couple of problems, although you often have to fiddle around because you can only set it a message rate. Note, however, that [tabplay~] doesn't suffer from these problems because the indexing is handled internally.

Christof