[PD] pd-l2ork git updates -- looking for testers

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 9 05:46:42 CET 2015

And by "test it out", I mean I'll implement it and see if it works.
-Jonathan

    On Tuesday, December 8, 2015 11:44 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

 Thanks for doing all that boring legacy work.  I'll bring it into the GUI port and
see how it works.

Would this work as a canvas flag?  That is, we'd set a bit in Pd-l2ork for new
canvases that means, "this is a Pd-l2ork canvas."  The bit would get saved in
the canvas flag argument when you save the patch.  Then when you load a
canvas, you check to see if that bit is set-- Vanilla patches won't have it set,
and Pd-l2ork will.[1]  Then just set a canvas member (gl_legacy or whatever) for
access later.
Eyeballing the diff, it looks like the only thing that would change is that you'd
multiply by x->gl_legacy instead of the sys_legacy flag.  Does that make
sense?
If it does, I'll go ahead and test it out in the port.  The benefit is that the user
can then mix and match legacy canvases and gops with new ones, and
everything will "just work".   (Well, I guess I'll have to "flip" the bit for the current Pd-l2ork gop abstractions, but that's not a big deal.)
-Jonathan

 [1] keep in mind that Vanilla still has the flag argument itself, so we can safely
query it using bitwise math.  Furthermore, Vanilla can still read patches where  the pd-l2ork bit has been set-- it will just ignore it and display the iemguis
askew.