[PD] get filenames from directory

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:33:08 CET 2015

On 10/12/2015 09:14, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2015-12-08 05:57, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>> Actually, that’s a good point. Vanilla already uses tcl, so why not be able to load tcl scripts? This of course assumes tcl availability, but that’s not unreasonable considering I expect vanilla to use tcl/tk for the indefinite future.
>
> so what is wrong with tclpd?
> do you request it to be included with pd-vanilla,

IMHO: yes. And no. Depending on how easy/hard it would be to include it
in pd-vanilla. I guess one would assume that because Pd is using tcl
anyway, it might me 'easy' to use tcl as an abstraction/object scripting
language (i.e. I would assume the dependencies for tclpd are very
similar to pd-vanilla?).
However I admit that assumption might be naive/wrong and that other
better options might exist.

My initial point was that it would be very nice to have some scripting
language functionality included in Pd-vanilla. Why? a) Because I think
it's cool b) IMHO it would open up possibilities for doing lots of
things in 'pure pd' ('pure' meaning vanilla).

Lorenzo.