[PD] ggee and comport binaries for OS X via deken

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Dec 10 16:40:48 CET 2015

On 2015-12-10 16:06, Alexandros Drymonitis wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 4:44 PM, Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, lets say that there's some library that's not available for a
>> specific OS (iemmatrix is also missing for OSX in deken for example).
>>
> Actually I just checked and you've uploaded that one too.

sure.
i think i did manage to upload *all* of pd-extended.
(well, afaik two abstractions ([parazit] and [output~]) are missing due
to their great smallness)

>> What's the process? Let's say I have the binaries in my system. Actually
>> the directions in deken's GitHub are pretty straight forward. I need to
>> have an account in puredata.info. But how will deken know which one is my
>> account? If I just run:
>>
>> deken upload -v 0.1 my_external
>>
>> will it work (taken that I do have an account in puredata.info)?

that's the idea.

> But how will deken know which one is my account?

well, of course, deken is extraordinarily clever.
if this doesn't help, it will
-  check for some environment variables (e.g. DEKEN_USER)
failing that, it will
- ask the configuration file (as documented at [1])
failing that, it will
- ask you for your username.

there are similar mechanisms whenever deken needs to know things.

gasmdr
IOhannes

[1] https://github.com/pure-data/deken#get-started