[PD] 0 length delay in delwrite~

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:33:42 CET 2015

> This is related to the discussion we had some month ago about the maximum
> delay length in [delread~] and [vd~]. Remember: the arguement for
> [delwrite~] is actually the buffer size and not the maximum delay length
> (-> bug in the docs).

Yeah, and I'll keep saying it is a bug in the object, and that the object
should be fixed in order to be consistent with its description. I have to
say I'm sometimes surprised on how things that don't work properly are
usually treated as harmless features even though they were clearly designed
to work in a different and more convenient way ;)

> Apparantly, [delwrite] doesn't check for the minium buffer size and just
> acts weird if you set it to 0.

yeah, I'm pointing that out.

By the way, i should note that I've been using this (buffer size of "0") in
 subpatch with a block size of 1 to performe single sample feedback. I then
had always thought that the minimum delay size was "one block" size -
which, by the way, seems to me like a clever design.

I tried to test it further and check it through, well, it's just really
crazy.

BTW: [delwrite~ 1.45125] + [delread~ 0] roughly equals a pair of [send~]
> and [receive~]

bug detected, btw ;)

cheers