[PD] Cyclone features. Was: no "clear" message option in [cyclone/delay~], [delwrite~] and [z~]

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 13 11:06:05 CET 2015

Hi Alexandre,

> Cool, works, and if your planing on doing something, besides a clear
> message you could also think of a "set" message where it receives a list
> of numbers setting the samples in the delay line (max list size = delay
> size).

The [clear( message is as simple as DSP can get; just zero the entire
buffer. Most other operations are more complex. What do you mean by
setting samples in the delay line? Trying to set more than a few will
get very inefficient, and from the message domain it will be hard to
control where they be placed in the signal stream.

> The "set" message would really make it much more powerful ;) - reminding
> that delay~ and delwrite~ don't have this, only fexpr~

I tried understanding what fexpr~ does with [set ...( but failed
miserable :-(.

> Let me know how you feel about the suggestion, and when you could do
> that if you're considering adding such features.

About the feature requests, maybe you could try to make a persistent
overview (web page or in the http://puredata.info wiki)? Trying to find
them in this list later is no fun, and it will be useful when I or some
future cyclone maintainer might find the time to implement them. It
allows for some extra explanation and maybe an abstraction to
demonstrate the feature.

I just managed to install the Max/MSP 4.6 help patches and counted 470
objects there. Count 100 for vanilla Pd and 150 for cyclone, there are
220 to go...

> cheers

Greetings,

Fred Jan