[PD] fat binaries or not, on OSX (was: 'Pd 64 bits' for OSX is i386 + ppc)

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Sun Dec 13 18:56:27 CET 2015

At the moment, my best idea is to have "fat" externs (i386 and ia64) that
can be loaded by either 32 or 64-bit versions of Pd.  But I'd like to be
able to do two other things I don't know how to do yet:

Have a single version of Pd that can run in 32 or 64 bits

simultaneously enable 64 bit versions with 32 or 64 bit floating samples

The second thing would complicate loading of externs since I don't know how
to make a fat binary with two different alternative code sections that are
chosen according to the directions of the loading program - at the moment
chosen automatically by the OS on that basis).

cheers
Miller