[PD] [sharing] Controlling Audio Settings with a Message

Peter Nyboer pnyboer at slambassador.com
Mon Dec 14 03:42:59 CET 2015

Hi all, new here. I recently was trying to figure out a way to disable audio input from a message, and I couldn’t find it. Fortunately, I had some help from Tom Erbe, who wised me to this nugget:
;
pd audio-dialog
3 0 0 0
0 0 0 0
3 0 0 0
1 0 0 0
41000 25 0 64

This follows the same pattern as the variables declared in dialog_audio.tcl:

audio_indev1
audio_indev2
audio_indev3
audio_indev4
audio_inchan1
audio_inchan2
audio_inchan3
audio_inchan4
audio_outdev1
audio_outdev2
audio_outdev3
audio_outdev4
audio_outchan1
audio_outchan2
audio_outchan3
audio_outchan4
audio_sr
audio_advance
audio_callback
audio_blocksize

Use integers to select the items in the input and output menus, and use 0 and 1 to enable/disable the input devices and output devices.
In hopes that a present or future Puredata user finds this useful!!!

Peter