[PD] record rhythm

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Dec 21 09:52:40 CET 2015

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 09:53:27PM +0100, Simon Iten wrote:
> i am trying to record “rhythm”.
>
> my somewhat naive approach is attached.
>
> it works for small array sizes, but as i make the array bigger (several thousand points) most of the bonks are not recorded.
> what is the reason?

You are probably reaching the limit of the array size. It is actually pretty
wasteful to record sporadic events in an array, which most of the time will
just show zeros.

It's better to just record the actual events. One approach is a [qlist] object,
you can also use [text] or [textfile] or some external.

Attached is a qlist-example: The general idea is to time and record the
intervals between events.

Ciao