[PD] How to update Pd 0.45.4 to 0.46.7 0n Ubuntu 14.4 (Odroid XU4)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 21 10:11:34 CET 2015

i think the problem here is mainly the usage...

On 2015-12-20 18:01, Ingo wrote:
> It did a bunch of stuff (without any errors) but I still had version 0.45.4
> afterwards.

how did you test?

> Then I tried uninstalling 0.45.4 and the installing 0.46.7 but that gave me
> no Pd at all ...

how did you test?

any Pd application launcher in your desktop menu is provided by Debian
directly (*not* by Pd-vanilla).
so if you uninstall the Debian package, you uninstall the launcher (with
the fancy icon).

the Debian application launcher also explicitely starts the Pd version
installed by Debian (/usr/bin/pd).
so even if you have a /usr/local/bin/pd that is really a disguised max9
binary, clicking on the launcher will give you a good and proper Pd.

however, you can still start any Pd in /usr/local/bin, e.g. by running
it from the console or by simply creating your own launcher.

ghfft
IOhannes