[PD] consolidate backward- and MaxMSP compatibility in Cyclone (was: Purpose of Cyclone)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 23:51:03 CET 2015

Well, newer patches with newer functionalities not working in older
versions is how things go anyway, right? Vanilla 0-46 patches don't run in
0.45 and so on... there's no way around that I guess.

> the dual outlet layout with message left and
> signal right is rather unusual.

But I think it's also simpler and more straightforward than introducing
flags, arguments and all. It might be unusual, but there are already some
objects with similar design, I actually thought of that because of
[sampstoms~] and [mstosamps~] - it'd be basically the same design.

cheers