[PD] consolidate backward- and MaxMSP compatibility in Cyclone (was: Purpose of Cyclone)

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 04:44:28 CET 2015

What about versioning? If people *have* to have older compatibility, then why can’t they just run an older version of cyclone? Newer development can take place on the current version and you can clearly note api changes/updates in a CHANGELOG. Say tag cyclone right now as version 1.0.0 and all further development is version 2.0.*

This seems to work fine for all sorts of software libraries and deken should make it much more possible in pd.

--------
Dan Wilcox
@danomatika <https://twitter.com/danomatika>
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>