[PD] consolidate backward- and MaxMSP compatibility in Cyclone (was: Purpose of Cyclone)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 05:18:20 CET 2015

> when I find that an object isn't terribly well designed (...) I make
> another one, with another name, that does the job better.

Sounds great, too bad the darn thing about cyclone is that we need to stick
to deal with cloning the original objects with their names and
stuff. Although I'm being a major advocate of cyclone and its maintenance,
I actually dislike this fact/restriction. For me it's more the fact that it
is a nice, big and handy collection of objects that adds several
functionalities to Pd. The need to be faithful to max is kind of a bummer,
but that's what cloning is...

cheers