[PD] [PD-announce] ANN: pd-l2ork version 20151219 now available

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Wed Dec 23 07:04:02 CET 2015

OK, I think I narrowed it down to my Skylake/Haswell TSX improvement in
respect to pthreads. I forgot to update the variable on trylock. Now,
everything works as it should. I will reupload a new build with this
important fix shortly. In the meantime, you can pull the latest git and
build only core pd and overwrite /usr/bin/pd-l2ork and have it all
(hopefully) work. Hope this helps!

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>
> To help me get to the bottom of this, would you please try building your
> own from scratch on your machine using the single-line install command (as
> per online instructions) and then installing and testing that one? Please
> make sure to have prerequisites for compiling installed (also provided
> online) and to use -B flag. HTH
>
> Best,
>
> Ico
>

> On 12/22/2015 8:49 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
>
>> i Ivica,
>>
>> Thanks for the latest release!
>>
>> I've just tried running this on Ubuntu 15.10 and when I load
>> [pix_image] pure data hangs with this error:
>>
>> pattern : /usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/Gem/gem_video*.so
>> dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/Gem/gem_videoDC1394.so'!
>> dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/Gem/gem_videoV4L.so'!
>> dylib loading file '/usr/lib/pd-l2ork/extra/Gem/gem_videoV4L2.so'!
>> not reloading 'image' plugins (already 4 loaded)
>> watchdog: signaling pd...
>> watchdog: signaling pd...
>> watchdog: signaling pd...
>>
>> pix_video and pix_film seem to work fine...
>>
>> On 22 December 2015 at 15:57, Ivica Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Apologies for x-posting,
>>>
>>> This holiday release brings you:
>>>
>>> *-legacy flag that provides 100% backwards compatibility with iemgui
>>> objects
>>> *gfsm library
>>> *added support for $0 functionality in messages
>>> *support for Intel Haswell and Skylake CPUs
>>> *ability to use # in labels
>>> *ability to use multiple $n arguments in labels
>>> *fixed bug in keyboard autorepeat and cleaned up [key] object to support
>>> autorepeat filtering
>>> *added autotune~ external and its K12 module
>>> *synced cyclone and iem libraries
>>> *other small fixes and cosmetic improvements
>>>
>>> For a raw (unedited) changelog and a more detailed overview, please
>>> visit:
>>> https://puredata.info/downloads/Pd-L2Ork/releases/20151219
>>>
>>> To download pd-l2ork:
>>> http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/main/make-your-own-l2ork/software/
>>>
>>> NB: Currently only Ubuntu 15.10 64bit build is available, with 32bit and
>>> Raspberry Pi builds forthcoming.
>>>
>>> About Pd-L2Ork
>>> Pd-L2Ork is a fork of the ubiquitous Pure-Data focusing on improved user
>>> interface, expanded collection of externals, and an advanced SVG-enabled
>>> graphical front-end. Originally it was introduced as the core
>>> infrastructure
>>> for the Linux Laptop Orchestra (L2Ork http://l2ork.icat.vt.edu), and has
>>> since expanded to include K-12 learning module with a unique learning
>>> environment offering adaptable granularity that has been utilized in over
>>> dozen maker workshops and initiatives, including the Raspberry Pi
>>> Orchestra
>>> program for middle school children introduced in the summer 2014. Today,
>>> pd-l2ork is being developed by a growing number of international

>>> disis.icat.vt.edu
>>> l2ork.icat.vt.edu