[PD] consolidate backward- and MaxMSP compatibility in Cyclone (was: Purpose of Cyclone)

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 21:36:05 CET 2015

Summarizing, the discussion in this thread has so far rendered three
practical and simple solutions to improve MaxMSP compatibility in
Cyclone without breaking Pd patches (with average~ as an example):

- MaxMSP compatibility through an extra inlet / outlet
- MaxMSP compatibility available through an extra operational mode
- MaxMSP compatibility available through an extra class

All together, not really a mind-blowing result for a thread with so
many words, but at least it gives an overview of choices that people
would make. There's also Ico's suggestion to use an approach similar
to Pd-L2Ork's -legacy flag.