[PD] Sending [color $1( or [size $1( type messages to objects

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 24 02:50:24 CET 2015

Hi William,1. I documented this info in each iemgui help patch for Pd-extended.  I used
a template which the Pd community created, and which Hans (Pd-extended's
maintainer) suggested I use.  Those revised help patches don't appear in
Pd Vanilla.2. Yes, I made documentation for all Pd Vanilla objects that list this information
using the same template above (plus some abstractions, and some classes that
only appear in Pd-extended.)3. IMO yes.  And in my GUI port of Pd-l2ork, 13 remains red.  However, I don't
show that little table in the iemgui properties-- I just use the default color picker
where you can type in html hex color values.
4. I think in the current Pd-l2ork you can put some number of custom colors in
the color picker, but I'm not sure if they persist across instances.  In Pd Vanilla,
no, you cannot.5. Assuming you're only talking about iemguis, at least in Pd-l2ork you can
set it that way.  But it's saved only as a single float.  I have created some new
drawing commands in Pd-l2ork that use hex values as well as standard
names (red, blue, etc.).
-Jonathan