[PD] multi video stream via LAN

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:45:58 CET 2016

Dear list,

I have to create a multi video stream via LAN for at least 15 screens, some
of them 2K most of the fullHD from one server using Linux.
Some of them would be even interactive, not just looped, but start playing
when someone stands in front of the screen (possibly infrared sensor will
be used).
What are the limitation of streaming, should I use vlc backend and what are
the bandwidth limitations for such a complex streaming.
Any suggestions, or already used solutions would be appreciated.

Best wishes:

Popesz