[PD] FM matrix with feedback

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 11:20:29 CET 2016

You may want to look at Martin Brinkmann's patch Chaosmonster1.

http://www.martin-brinkmann.de/pd-patches.html

I studied it about a year ago, and gave up trying to understand how it
works. But it makes fantastic noises.

Martin says it "generates noise- and 'chaos'-sounds with six oscillators
with mutual frequency, filter and ringmodulation. Some similarities
to the famous 'heishere' reaktor ensemble by lazyfish."

On Friday, January 8, 2016, i go bananas <hard.off at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, hope everyone's well.
>
> We're trying to implement a 4-op FM matrix with feedback, copying a patch
my friend made in reaktor using a block size of 1 (sorry, don't know the
full details of that, but he says he can get 1 sample delay for the
feedback)

> Has anyone ever succeeded doing something like this in pd?  I know about
the order forcing using subpatches like in G.05.execution.order help patch,
but that doesn't seem like it will work here, as we still get DSP loop
errors when trying to connect the output of one osc~ back into the
frequency input of the others.

> I'm really looking for a solution that doesn't involve using blocksize of
1, and anyway, even doing that, still seems the only way to do feedback
without getting DSP loop errors is with s~ / r~ pairs, which seem to only
work at blocksize of 64 anyway?
> I don't mind adding a bit of latency to the whole system if there's maybe
a hack to do this with tables or something,,,but am really stuck here
wondering what to do.

> any ideas?
> cheers, Matt

May you, and all beings