[PD] [pix_data] - convert rgb values to pd canvas format

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:07:30 CET 2016

On Sun, 2016-01-10 at 22:08 +0000, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> > This limitation is worked-around by reducing the resolution to 6
> bits per
>
> > channel. The highest number (the one representing white) is -262144.
> It does
>
> > not exceed 6 digits and can be stored at full precision.
>

> It's probably worth explaining why you say "the one representing
> white" and not simply "white".

Oh, I'd attribute this to my tendency to sometimes express things too
verbosely.

> (I.e., what every other sane color format calls "white" does
> not equal what iemgui's file color format calls -262144.)

I wasn't thinking of that, but you're right. It's not possible to create
white (as in #ffffff) iemguis dynamically. If one needs white, one needs
to set the color by message. But still when you save it in the patch, it
won't be white on the next patch load.

Roman