[PD] MobMuPlat - pd extended, personal pd objects and subfolders

Daniel Iglesia daniel.iglesia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 01:34:16 CET 2016

Hi Jean Marie,
Glad to hear you are enjoying working with it. These are all good questions
that hit on both the current pain points of iOS development/file
management, and my own sloth towards further developing the file system
features.

1) It is possible to use other OSC objects (such as the mrpeach OSC
objects) to implement/use the PdWrapper.pd in pd-extended. However, given
that pd extended objects is not supported for development in MobMuPlat, and
that libpd is kept in sync with the current version pd vanilla and above,
this is not recommended.

2) Right now on MobMuPlat, there is no additional search path (nor
recursive searching) beyond looking at the same folder as the top-level
patch. However, I may change that in the future to recursively search all
subfolders.
Until I add recursive searching, if you'd like to keep things in
subfolders, you can merely prepend the folder to the resource name, e.g.
your top level patch can generate objects named [lib/myAbstraction] or call
resources e.g. [read sounds/mySound.wav ... (
I'll add recursive searching to my TODO list for an upcoming update...I too
am tired of such an unorganized documents folder...

3) I don't quite understand. Do you mean whether you can use another pd
patch as an abstraction within your pd patch (versus only being able to use
subpatches via [pd foo])? Yes, merely have that other Pd patch in the same
documents folder as the top-level patch, and it will be found. Please
elaborate if that's not what you meant...

Best, Dan