[PD] Looking for file match without reporting error

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 18:51:33 CET 2016

List,

I've been using textfile to save and load some preset values in a complex
collection of related GUI tools. I'd like to be able to start with no
presets and allow the user to define them separately in different project
environments or just leave them without setting them. My problem is that
textfile searches for these preset files whether they exist or not and the
present the user with errors in the log window. Is there a way for Pd to
look for the files first and if they aren't found not pass on the load file
commands to textfile?

I know I could create default preset text files for all of them, but it is
useful for a user to copy the whole directory and then empty the preset
text file folder, which now that I think of it could be a one button press.

Thanks,
Sam