[PD] Using an external from patch directory -- readanysf~

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 19:02:13 CET 2016

Readanysf~ comes with a bunch of dynamic libraries (on Mac) and every other
version has its own set of things it needs. Does this mean it can't be
incorporated into deken?

>From what I understand, you can drop externals into a patch directory so
its easy to transfer to someone else who might not have that external
installed. Is this wrong? It isn't working with readanysf~? Currently, I'm
using OS 10.9.5, Pd Pd 0.45.4 and readanysf~.pd_darwin from 11/3/11(?!).

Is there a better way for reading back soundfiles with variable speed
playback from hard disk, now? or did I miss a more recent version of
[readanysf~]?

Thanks for the advice.

Sam