[PD] fftease compatibility with Pd-0.46-7

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 22:00:51 CET 2016

Hi list,

I'm attempting to use [pvoc~] and [mindwarp~] from fftease 2.5.2 in Pd
vanilla 0.46-7. I have verified that [pvoc~] works in Pd-extended 0.43.4,
but I just get a quick blast of digital distortion followed by silence when
I run the same help file in vanilla. Was there some change to vanilla Pd
that doesn't let fftease run?

I saw this post from four months ago with no follow up.
http://forum.pdpatchrepo.info/topic/9542/fftease-on-vanilla

There was mention of an experimental version of fftease 2.5.2.1. The link
goes to a page with no download.
http://puredata.info/downloads/fftease/releases/2.5.2.1.
The code repository goes nowhere
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/pure-data/svn/trunk/externals/fftease .

Is fftease dead? I'll also send this to the email address (Eric Lyon) on
the project page.

Thanks all,
Sam