[PD] Pd-list Digest, Vol 130, Issue 88

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 26 19:32:50 CET 2016

On 01/26/2016 05:16 PM, Samuel Burt wrote:
> Investigating this, I noted this link
> https://puredata.info/docs/faq/faqsection_view?section=General that stated
> that "as of pd 0.43 saving library paths is not supported, the recommended
> way to include libraries is to use the import object" which seems odd
> because [import] only works for me in Pd-extended. There's not a lot of
> information on this subject there.

unfortunately that documentation is (i would like to say "utterly
non-sense") not valid:
the statement about "Pd-0.43 not being able to save library paths" holds
*only* true for Pd-extended, Pd-vanilla is *totally unaffected* by this.
the FAQ should (obviously) mention this.

also, you /can/ use [import] in Pd-vanilla, it's a library (but nobody
has created a deken-package yet; for the linux (Debian and derivatives)
afficiandos it's available via apt and called "puredata-import").

mgfsrda
IOhannes