[PD] [partconv~] wont compile on x86_64??

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 1 08:43:12 CET 2016

Am 31. Jänner 2016 19:54:23 MEZ, schrieb jamal crawford <threen52 at ml1.net>:
>ld: partconv~.o: relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.1' can
>not
>be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC partconv~.o:
>error adding symbols: Bad value Makefile:21: recipe for target
>'partconv~.pd_linux' failed make: *** [partconv~.pd_linux] Error 1
>
>can anyone help me understand what " -fPIC" flag means and how do I
>recompile it?

"-fPIC" is a compiler/linker flag that you need to pass when building for amd64.
Edit the makefile to add these flags (look out for CFLAGS and LDFLAGS).
Then rerun "make".

However i'm pretty sure that the bsaylor lib in svn already uses these flags...where did you download it from?

mfg.ugd.fhj
IOhannes

--
Sent from my pdp-11