[PD] Dialogs such as Preferences and Audio Settings hang (Mac OS X 10.10)

Matti Viljamaa mviljamaa at kapsi.fi
Fri Feb 5 01:07:23 CET 2016

I’ve noticed that Pd 0.43 seems to create some abnormal “hanging” on (my install of) OS X 10.10.

E.g. if I open Preferences and then try to exit the dialog by pressing any of the buttons, nothing happens (the buttons can be pressed, but the dialog doesn’t disappear). And it blogs all other actions as well, while it hangs. Most dialogs seem to be doing this.

It takes about half a minute until the dialog suddenly disappears. Like there’s a huge time lag between the press and when the dialog actually disappears.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

-Matti