[PD] Is there a working Pd -> VST implementation?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 08:59:45 CET 2016

Joe White is on this list so he can tell you better than I, but i believe
the license will not be open source for Heavy. it looks to be an online
based service marketed towards game companies and app developers who want
to get advanced audio DSP into games and plugins. that's at least what i
saw demonstrated and have verified in brief conversations with Joe at GDC.
i believe they offer a limited amount of PD patches to convert for free,
but if you wanted to put say 20 PD patches in a shipping commercial game
using a middleware plug-in spec like Audiokinetic's Wwise you'd be paying a
license fee.

again these are my takeaways and Joe would certainly have a better idea
than I what they are planning on doing with the tech. but as far as i can
tell it does not look like it's open source.

best,
scott