[PD] Is there a working Pd -> VST implementation?

Joe White white.joe4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 14:51:09 CET 2016

Thanks Scott,

Heavy essentially generates C programs from interpreted Pd patches (but not
exclusively). The compiler itself is not open-source but the output is and
consists of an optimised low-level dsp library with an ISC licence and the
generated code which is licensed for non-commercial usage, which would be
similar to using JUCE.

There's no limit on how many patches you want to compile Scott.

Apologies Ivica, the heavy library is hosted here
https://github.com/section6/heavylib/tree/master/src not on the enzienaudio
github I think you found.

There's some more links here with example patches built using heavy:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/heavy-rain/G7hQec3xq80

You're free to download OSX/Windows binaries for Unity, VST and Wwise,
there's also javascript implementations and all the source code is
available for each target.

It's mostly realised as a cloud service so best way to check it out is to
create an (free) account and try compiling a patch, other than that there
isn't as much to download per se.

Cheers,
Joe