[PD] freeverb~ problem

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Feb 6 06:20:41 CET 2016

All,

I've encountered a new issue with freeverb~. I am having a hard time
isolating the source as it happens so sporadically (although it is
always linked with the sudden drop in input and possibly a low frequency
impulse) but it does not seem like it is a denormal problem because when
it happens, I get a small burst of noise followed by nothing even though
CPU is not getting pegged. The rest of the patch works fine but the
freeverb is for all intents and purposes dead. It does not do anything
until it is deleted and recreated. Any ideas what may be the cause of
this? In the said example I only use one input (left). Could that have
to do something with it? The object is compiled on 64-bit Linux with -O2
optimizations (IIRC).

Best,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.