[PD] threading issue

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 00:04:52 CET 2016

> I guess it's time to rewrite Pd completely in D.
Well, it's hard to take seriously a bug report where the proposed fix is to read
an abandoned branch from a repo.
If, however, you have an incremental approach to applying Tim's code to any
flavor of Pd, I'm all ears.

-Jonathan

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Jonathan Wilkes via Pd-list <pd-list at lists.iem.at> wrote:

> However, I doubt anyone has ever completely debugged a program that uses threads.
To me, understanding threading is a bit like trying to understand quantum mechanics if quantum mechanics were implemented using threads
-Jonathan

    On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 2:27 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:

 I believe it's fixed now (with these lines in s_inter.c..

#ifdef THREAD_LOCKING
            sys_lock();
#endif
            (*sys_fdpoll[i].fdp_fn)(sys_fdpoll[i].fdp_ptr, sys_fdpoll[i].fdp_fd);
#ifdef THREAD_LOCKING
            sys_unlock();
#endif

)

However, I doubt anyone has ever completely debugged a program that uses
threads.

cheers
Miller