[PD] Cyclone To Do: list of new objects; Any help?

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Feb 12 05:15:44 CET 2016

I would love to see these implemented, as well, in vanilla cyclone library,
with one caveat: wherever possible, I would suggest using an abstraction.
Doing so promotes learning and exposes brilliant efficiency of the
pure-data core. For instance, one thing that pd-l2ork already does is it
provides [prepend] as an abstraction that also annoyingly spits out a
warning in the console that the object is deprecated in favor of [list
prepend]. While I am sure not everyone agrees with the nagging aspect of
the object, this way, users are nudged in the right direction, have an
opportunity to dissect the abstraction, while also retaining
cross-compatibility. Sure, this may be less efficient than a native object,
but likely not by much. Just a thought...