[PD] loading random samples

Spyros Polychronopoulos spypolymail at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 22:12:52 CET 2016

Thank you very much for your kind feedback! Especially Alexandros very
detailed answer, thank you very much!
Also you mention something about an example did you attach something that I
can not find or you mean the discussed example?

On 12 February 2016 at 16:04, Alexandros Drymonitis <adrcki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> [readsf~] outputs a bang out its right outlet when the current sample it's
> playing has finished. You can send that bang to [random] (the argument of
> which will be the number of your samples) and the output of [random] to a
> message [open ./samples/P$1.wav, 1(
> I don't think that you can use 01, 02, etc., but 1, 2, etc. If you really
> want to name your samples like that, your message could be [open
> ./samples/P0$1.wav, 1(, but any sample greater than 9 would have to be
> named P010.wav. There should be a work around that though.
> In this example there's a directory called "samples" in the directory of
> the patch.
>
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 5:31 PM, Pagano, Patrick <
> pat at digitalworlds.ufl.edu> wrote:
>
>> ​you need a folder playlist object attached to a file player
>>
>> i suggest the browser/folder from the MTL abstractions and the player~
>> external from Eric lyon Potpourri
>>

>> *Patrick Pagano B.S, M.F.A*
>> Audio and Projection Design Faculty
>> Digital Worlds Institute