[PD] Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 13 18:54:36 CET 2016

Hi Alexandre,

> Howdy, it's a known fact brazilians will start the year only after
> carnival, so here I am.

I do not do carnival, so there is no reason for me to be more active
after mid February ;-).

> I'd like to share my list of things to do with existing Cyclone Objetcs.
> Obviously there might be other issues with other objects that would make
> them up to date with the current version of Max (Max 7). Nonetheless,
> this is what I find relevant, and I've been really checking it through.
>
> It's only about 11 objects, some has already been discussed here and
> might have been fixed or in the process to be taken care of, forgive me
> if so.
>
> I have it attached and also as a link to a google doc
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L_dUNgznfhaZHPKMJ3jJ_p9uIXRVP6Rs9-3nXy2Qlk8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the list, I will take a look and add the items to the backlog.

> Next, I will get together a list of new objects I think should be
> included, many of which I've already made as abstractions (kind of to
> show how it works like I did with [teeth~], cause I really think they
> should all be done as externals).

As Ivica mentioned, abstractions are preferable from an educational
point of view. And they are easier to maintain... So I see no problem
adding them just like [teeth~]. If performance gets an issue, it is
always possible to code that object, or its critical part, in c.

> Cheers

Greetings,

Fred Jan