[PD] Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Matt Barber brbrofsvl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 20:59:21 CET 2016

It would be useful to make a list of things objects often do that
abstractions can't​ (or can't do easily).

1) Variable numbers of xlets (except with initbang and dynamic patching,
which is tough to rely on for a library like cyclone) - e.g. [trigger].

2) Main signal inlets that also take messages (e.g. [tabread4~]).

3) Signal inlets which are initialized by an argument and can be set by a
float, where the argument/float value returns if the signal is disconnected
(e.g. [osc~].

4) Inlets which take signals or messages depending on the argument (e.g.

You can all think of others.