[PD] Nettles. Was: Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 14 17:31:58 CET 2016

Pd namespaces and the Pd loading mechanism are too complex to change
without a spec for both the current and proposed system.
Problems of not thinking ahead: unnecessary code duplication
like flatspace, replacing one problem with another like one-class-per-file
libdir, the whole svn personal-cloud-workspace-as-a-library deal in the
first place, and so on...

For example: the one-clas-per-file-libdir is the reason you can't easily have
externals with names like "<~" and ">~".  Internal classes are loaded by default from files that have alphanumeric names, so there it isn't a problem.  That's why
you need to introduce another external "hexloader", and make sure it always
loads first.  (Plus the new bother of mapping hex values to ASCII characters in
file names, and remembering how to read those names.)
-Jonathan