[PD] Nettles. Was: Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:11:55 CET 2016

> you are using distribution of zexy that has deliberately broken zexy

into pieces. when  zexy is built correctly (as a single multi-object-file
> library) there is absolutely no problem.

Well, it seemed I could have another version of zexy, so I tried
downloading new ones from deken with the latest vanilla.

zexy-v2.2.6svn-(Darwin-i386-32)(Darwin-x86_64-32)-externals.zip didn't seem
to work, I had to use [hexloader] apparently, but I didn't have it. Yeah, I
thought [hexloader] was part of zexy, but it ain't...

Now,
zexy-v0-0extended-(Darwin-i386-32)(Darwin-PowerPC-32)(Darwin-x86_64-32)-externals.tar
*works!* I can load them without [hexloader]. So that's when zexy is built
correctly (as a single multi-object-file
library), right?

>:

> For example: the one-clas-per-file-libdir is the reason you can't easily
> have externals with names like "<~" and ">~".

Maybe this is saying the same thing? Depending on how you build it then it
doesn't work? Seems so to me...

Not sure if I'm missing something, but basically it seems you can avoid the
issues of not being able to load externals named [>~] or whatever...

More important to this discussion is, *the way cyclone is built has no such
problems*, as I can load all the object names *without* [hexloader].

Now, is it just me on my Mac Os, or there might still be issues with other
Operational Systems? I asked this on my first message, cause that's what
Fred Jan seemed to imply to me. Anyway, I'm not sure, I actually think now
they'll load just anywhere.

Who can help me?

Thanks