[PD] Does Pd have a "sound"?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 16:54:21 CET 2016

Good list of technical peculiarities Claude. For me, the "sound" is those
quirks combined with how Chris describes a "cultural" or "contextual" use.
I used to be great at knowing the sound of software or hardware sources
and could spot Reaktor, or a Roland analogue in moments. But emulations
got better and my ears got older, and maybe I began to care less about
implementation and more about artistic intent. As Chris says,
different tools tend to make you think and work in certain patterns,
and I think it is this more than anything that constitutes a "sound".

cheers
Andy