[PD] readanysf~ for windows ? (another try ...)

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Feb 16 13:39:32 CET 2016

Le 16/02/2016 13:16, oliver a écrit :
> patrice colet wrote:
>>

>> Le 16/02/2016 12:00, oliver a écrit :
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> has anybody here had any success in compiling this great external for
>>> windows ? the downloadable .dll (version 0.42) doesn't work (tried it
>>> both on pd-extended 0.43.4 and pd-vanilla 0.46.7).
>>>

>> I've compiled this dll on windows and mingw, there was too many bugs in
>> libiconv and some other libraries to do it again,
>> and I don't have a windows machine actually, maybe in a month or two
>> I'll give another try...
>
> thanks a lot for considering ;-)
>

>> By the way, the dll you have should work when you provide all missing
>> libraries in bin folder.
>
> unfortunately it doesn't.
>
> i put all the .dlls in the .zip package there, plus all the other
> .dlls PD was complaining about when i tried to load [readanysf~]. took
> them from the pd-extended distro. after there were no errors any more,
> PD would still simply print a
>
> readanysf~
> ... couldn't create
>
> at the console window
>

> btw: i'm on windows 7, 64bit
> almost all other 3rd-party PD externals (cyclone, zexy, motex, iemlib
> etc.) do work alright!

If libs you have to put in bin dir aren't compatible with the ones
provided by pd-extended, it might not work.

  The way to make it work would be about compiling again, and make a
package, but it's not a simple task,
also I'm not sure yet how deken would install all libs needed by
readanysf~ on windows.

An alternative might be about trying unauthorized streaming objects or this:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/ch070_oggcast/

and a player like VLC or winamp