[PD] Nettles. Was: Cyclone: List of Issues with existing objects by Alexandre Porres

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 20:03:15 CET 2016

Howdy, if you understand only a part of it, I know that I know about
nothing.

But hey, as I understand it, there's quite some work to make it (loading
the weird name objects without [declare]) happen and you'd rather focus on
other fixes, cool.

Well, I'm just starting using github https://github.com/porres/pd-cyclone
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fporres%2Fpd-cyclone&h=FAQF6upTy>
and
have mobilized others to collaborate with new objects for cyclone,
according to that list I shared these days.

You may have noticed a pull request already for [pong]. I'm working with
someone else and we should be having scale / scale~ / atodb / dbtoa /
atodb~ / dbtoa~ / trunc~ ready quite soon!

I can bother myself to try and deal with the issues regarding these
objects, but I think a start could be to create new objects with the
unweird names, this is not in conflict with Max compatibility, as it also
loads these objects via the same way (again, they'd be: *greaterthan~ /
greaterthaneq~ / lessthan~ / lessthaneq~ / equals~ / notequals~ /
plusequals~ / rminus~ / rminus / rdiv~ /  rdiv / modulo~*). It wouldn't get
in conflict with current state of cyclone either and the help files of
these objects could refer to nettles and all. Cool? Later on in the game I
can try and figure out how to load them without declare.

cheers

cheers