[PD] Does Pd have a "sound"?

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Wed Feb 17 10:21:56 CET 2016

Le 17/02/2016 09:15, Matt Barber a écrit :
> They won't sound bad, necessarily; they just won't sound band limited. (Everything has its place.)
I think you just found the definitive answer on the question "does XXX sound better than YYY" : nothing sound bad, everything has it's place.

the answer to Matti original question is then:  board threads claiming Pd (and Max) have a distinct (and not good) sound just have people who haven’t listened to good patches.

The other reaction I expected from my question was that pd vanilla have no BL oscillator, but lot's of abstractions are available. So which one to test?
The point here is that pd does not have sound, but all object does. (and back to previous ccl about good / bad patch)

One more thing :
As soon as someone provide a test that show that SC BL oscillator sound better than any pd BL oscillator, i will port SC BL algorithm to a pd external.
(and back to previous point and ccl)

and finally :
ok, sorry, i'll stop trolling that thread.

cheers