[PD] readanysf~ for windows ? (another try ...)

patrice colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Wed Feb 17 14:18:04 CET 2016

Le 16/02/2016 22:48, oliver a écrit :

>>> unfortunately it doesn't.
>>>

>> If libs you have to put in bin dir aren't compatible with the ones
>> provided by pd-extended, it might not work.
>>

> small update on the [readanysf~] on windows discussion:
>
> version 0.42 (plus included libraries) works on a windows XP system
> with pd-extended 0.43.4 !
>
> tried it on windows 7 with the exact same package to no success. i
> even tried "compatibility mode" set to "WindowsXP" for all .exe files
> in pd-extended (just for a little trial and error) - didn't change
> anything.
>
> any ideas why this object works on XP but not WIN7 ?

  I didn't try it on seven, it has been compiled on vista, maybe running
pd through gdb could say which part of the code prevents from loading,
the problem should come from a lib provided by seven that is not as the
same as the one provided by vista.

//
> as i already pointed out, all other libraries of pd-extended are being
> loaded and working correctly, save for [readanysf~]

  The good new is that if someone is able to get readanysf~ to work, it
will be possible to use libgmerlin in Gem on windows because it uses
almost the same libraries.