[PD] Burst of packets.

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Feb 18 00:33:28 CET 2016

Hi Mario,

On 18/02/16 05:07, Mario Mey wrote:
> A buddy from a group suggested me to send "bursts of packets" instead
> only one packet... considering this packet as important.

If you need guaranteed, ordered delivery from one machine to another
then you should use TCP sockets instead of UDP sockets. Since you seem
to be sending directly between two machines this is ideal. In Pd it is
trivial to set up a TCP connection with [netsend] and [netreceive]. TCP
has slightly larger overhead than UDP because of the ACKs but I think
over WiFi you will not notice the difference.

Cheers,

Chris.

--
http://mccormick.cx/