[PD] Burst of packets.

Mario Mey mariomey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 06:31:44 CET 2016

El 18/02/16 a las 16:23, Martin Peach escribió:
> With WiFi, it's radio so there are usually other transmitters around
> which may reduce your bandwidth if they are on the same channel. You
> might be able to change the channel you are on to get better throughput.

Martin, you made me learn about channels. One of the pages I saw was
http://www.howtogeek.com/197268/how-to-find-the-best-wi-fi-channel-for-your-router-on-any-operating-system/.
I relized that my router were one in channel 4 and the other in "auto"
(*). 4 is not a good channel at all, neither "auto". In terminal I've got:

mario at circo3d:~$ sudo iwlist wlan0 scan | grep \(Channel
                     Frequency:2.427 GHz (Channel 4)
                     Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                     Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                     Frequency:2.412 GHz (Channel 1)
                     Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                     Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)
                     Frequency:2.437 GHz (Channel 6)
                     Frequency:2.462 GHz (Channel 11)

So, the possible channels were 1 and 6. Then, I changed them one to 1,
the other to 6. I'll test them tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip!

(*): I have 2 routers, but I use one at a time ;)