[PD] [pix_image] available image format on linux?

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 16:05:37 CET 2016

On 20/02/16 14:49, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> on ubuntu 14.04 linux, [pix_image] handles only JPEG files. No PNG, No
> others. How to load PNG or TIFF files? when I make [pix_image], Pd says
> "Image loading support: SGI jpeg"
>
> FYI, on Mac OS X, it handles PNG files, but on linux doesn't. Why
> linux can't do that?

Linux can do that, don't worry.  GEM uses a plugin system for image
loaders/savers - probably GEM is distributed with them split out into
multiple packages. Try:

$ aptitude search gem-plugin-

which lists many available to my Debian system, not all of which I have
installed.  I think gem-plugin-magick should be enough to load PNG and
other common formats.

Claude
--
http://mathr.co.uk