[PD] [pix_image] available image format on linux?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Feb 20 20:49:04 CET 2016

On 02/20/2016 06:22 PM, Jonghyun Kim wrote:
> You are right, claude. I'm not sure, but I think the pd-deken's
> <gem_image*> files are broken. [pix_image] loads PNG after replacing broken
> deken's(~/pd-externals/Gem) folder with
> pd-extended's(/usr/lib/pd-extended/Gem). Pd-Deken's doesn't work, but
> Pd-extended's Gem works properly.

if possible use the ubuntu package of "gem".
the gem-plugins depend on zillions of libraries:
if you are missing a single library a given plugin depends on, the
plugin will not load.
if you have an incompatible version of a library installed, the plugin
won't load either.

to debug why a plugin won't load even though it is found, you can run:
$ ldd /path/to/plugin.so
(this will print out all the libraries the given binary needs to load;
if a library is not available on your system, it will be marked as "not
found")

btw, the "gem" deken package for linux is stripped off Pd-extended.
however, i do not know the exact distribution package it was stripped
from, but it seems to be linked against other versions of the libraries
than yours.
(the distribution should probably be mentioned in the file description
(that's different from the filename, btw))

mgfadsr
IOhannes