[PD] "morphing" arrays in n seconds

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 21 11:19:57 CET 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 05:31:01PM +0100, jamal crawford wrote:
> im trying to figure out how to "morph" one array with 1000 points into
> the second oner in time, so all points will move simultaneously. i
> myself only have a 1000 [tabread]s solution :D

It might be more optimal to use signal objects like [tabreceive~] / [tabsend~]
to morph or crossfade between your arrays. If you are worried about the CPU
load, you can use a [switch~] object to activate the fading operation on
demand as in the attached patch, which xfades two arrays of 4096 points each.

For more details see my paper at LAC 2010:
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/?page=program&mode=list
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2010/papers/24.pdf

Ciao