[PD] Cyclone future

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 21 22:18:26 CET 2016

On 02/21/2016 08:35 PM, Fred Jan Kraan wrote:
> This mail is the last I will write about cyclone in the foreseeable
> future.

this is about the worst possible outcome of the entire discussion.

> There are serious plans to save Pure Data and cyclone by adding
> numerous objects.

what i don't understand is:
what keeps people from creating a "typhoon" library that adds the
additional objects?

there is nothing stating that all those objects need to be in the
one-and-only library named "cyclone".
having two non-identical libraries named "cyclone" (or "zexy") is
obviously nuts; but having two libraries with similar tasks and similar
(but distinguishable) names could be a win for everybody.

it's not like anybody writing compat objects needed to use the (imho
overly complicated for most objects) infrastructure part of cyclone.

gmfsare
IOhannes

PS: and what is that "hurricane" library for?