[PD] Cyclone future

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 18:33:28 CET 2016

> On Feb 21, 2016, at 10:14 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> The repo is a fork from the last update in previous maintenance (cyclone
> version 0.2beta1), which was on its own a fork from cyclone's repo for
> version 0.1-Alpha56 (available in Pd Extended).
>

> Fred did a large amount of work in bring cyclone forward, build-wise and
> bug wise. Why wouldn’t you start with his work? Seems like a step backwards
> after all of this...

That's what's happening! It's from 0.2beta1 and on, not 0.1-Alpha56, I was
just trying to be accurate in the genealogy of repositories. Fred did a
great amount of work departing from 0.1-Alpha56 - available in Extended and
in this original repository
https://git.puredata.info/cgit/svn2git/libraries/miXed.git/ - he forked it
to https://github.com/electrickery/pd-cyclone and started working on
it. A 0.1-Alpha57
is also available and was provided by him, but this is marked as
"unreleased" in the puredata.info website and only the 0.2beta1 (current
state of his repo) is now available via deken.

By the way, I also think there are lessons to be learned, and I have to
admit I'm not used to dealing and negotiating in a collaboration of free
software like this. I'm really unaware of the common practice regarding
ethics, politics, etiquete and all. I hope to learn from this episode and
you all, and I also hope you can cope with me eventually not knowing
better, any constructive criticism of  any of my actions are hihgly
welcome. thanks...

cheers